Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Low Profile

Not much to report this week. I started a new run between Vancouver and Calgary, same firm but on different days. I go out Sunday evenings and home Thursday mornings. Pretty decent run, 2500 miles in four days with 6 drops. It is a tad tiring but I like the long weekends at home.

While on the road I spend a great deal of time on the radio chatting with drivers who are with HR and many who are not. Always the same theme becomes prevalent. I find I am stuck between new drivers pissed because they "didn't think trucking would be like this" and old drivers who are pissed because " it is just like they knew it would be" .

So that said, I am learning to keep a low profile on the road (and also my blog) and have learned to pick my topics of discussion. Once they get negative my radio loses it's ability to receive well. I suppose as I go I am still strongly believe that life is short and if you are not happy move on for Christ sake.

Well the weekend is all but over. Weather in White Rock was awesome. Not much else to contribute this week.....back out tomorrow. Please no snow....

Later








No comments: