Monday, September 15, 2008

Come on October 7th

Well, feel like I got some traction in a number of ways the last couple of days.

Firstly my Blog is what it is....I managed to get the whale background to work, got my map imported, hacked the font a bit......mmmmm.....geeky stuff.

Secondly, I rocked the road test today for an undisclosed company. After being off the road for a couple of years I was afraid I would be rusty. I did miss a couple of items on the precheck and a couple on the air test but all in all it felt great.

Also was able to hook up with Lyndon. It was good to put an msn chat to a name :)

I told the tester that pass or fail I was having a blast.

Now it is time to get out of dodge and get on the road.

Later

6 comments:

Bookerz said...

As in the tinman just a wee bit of oil on the joints and you'll be running around smooth as silk.

Gratz on passing the road test. Looking forward to reading as you re-acclimate to being OTR.

Bookerz out

ALRO said...

I'll keep the "on the road again" and "Roger that, Rubber-Ducky" jokes to a bare-minimum....

But it's so goddamned hard for me (being the smartass that i am)

Roger-Dodger, What's yer vector, Victor, Over'n'out, 10-4 what's yer 20!

*sigh* there outta my system.

Al said...

Thanks Bookerz. yeah it felt great to get back in the seat. Had never driven a CAT and haven't touched a 13 spd since oh 1978 ish.

What ever, had a blast.

Later.

Al said...

Oh Al, you kill me. Glad you have it out of the system though.

I will need to brush up on my hi tech slams. Oh by the way do you know what MCSE stands for?

Must Consult Someone Else.

later dude

Spydergrrl said...

That's so awesome, Al. You're a total rock star.

ALRO said...

NAW NAW man..
MCSE = "Must Consider Sleeping Environment"

Speaking of which: I need a nap! Off to the server room i go.