Friday, January 16, 2009

Crazy week, things happen for a reason?


Well what started out to be a decent week came to a grinding halt before I got out of Vancouver. Damn weather. My normal route to Calgary was closed due to avalanches and all other viable options were closed for the same reason. So I got to stay 36 hours at a truck stop in Kamloops…..whooooo hooooo.

Made Calgary and was pretty slow getting out of there to pick up my new load to Cali. I waited 6 hours for them to find me an empty trailer to bring to the customer and when I arrived my load was not legal to bring to California due to weight. So another wait until they shifted the load around.

Ok so finally on my way and drove like a idiot to Sacramento for drop 1 then Tracy for drop 2 and finally Oakland Navy docks for drop 3. That is where the shit hit the fan and my week took a turn.

While backing in I rubbed another truck mirror….so lightly I didn’t even wake the driver up. So not prob, pride hurt, minor damage and I apologize like a good little Canadian and exchange my info.

When this driver left he all but took my front right fender off while he turned. Here is the kicker….he kept going…in fact he may not of even know he had hit me. So lesson learned…trust no one. What is cool is I took damage pics with my new phone…..haha got him.

I have just learned that I am inept at using my new phone and have no pics. Oh well. All week I kept telling myself that all things happen for a reason. My wife had me convinced of that.

I have learned that you never trust anyone to be as stand up as you, never attempt to use fine motor skills when in a hurry and fatigued and that things don’t happen for a reason….they happen to piss you off.

Would post pics this week but………… shut up.

Later

No comments: