Sunday, January 25, 2009

January 19th, decent week.


This was by far the best week I have had back on the road.

Primarily because I ran direct south out of Vancouver to Tracy, California. ( about 60 miles outside San Fransisco. I got off loaded on time and without having to sit around for ever was directed to head towards LA.

On the way I was told to head to Port Hueneme. This is located between Malibu and Santa Barbara CA south of Oxnard CA. The drive there is out standing on the Ventura Highway, apricots out and oranges on trees.

I jokingly put on my blog that it was 21 when I loaded but a cool 21. The weather gods got me back though. I left the port at dinner time Wednesday and by the time I had hit Idaho Falls, ID it was full on snow and friggen cold...who was laughing now.

By the time I hit Calgary on Friday evening it was -25, yuk. That is ok it was not snowing. Then i was off to Vancouver Saturday noon and home by midnight. All in all it was decent weather wise, load wise and the fact there was no waiting anywhere....well except Calgary.

Not exciting to most but a good week on the road is not something that happens every week. 6 days out 3200 miles logged.

Later.

No comments: