Saturday, January 31, 2009

Jan 26, pleeeeaaasssee no more mountains.....or snow.


Well good week, no real news. I spent it bouncing back and forth from Vancouver to Calgary, Edmonton and back to the tune of 4 time through the mountains in four days. Mountain vistas can be equally therapeutic, awe inspiring while scaring the crap out of you within seconds of having a zen moment.

I had one of those weeks.
I chose to stay close to home this week and was not able to run south. Hence, spent the week in the hills. Almost jackknifed twice (rookie) you see these trucks have so much power that when you are running light you need to be careful how much throttle you apply. The back end with little weight can break traction fairly easily. Saw a herd of big horn sheep in a parking lot (cool) and ran down hills that had me biting the nails off me little sausage fingers.

I survived but after only 2400 miles chose to shut it down and put the truck in for repair. Needs windshield, tires etc.
Anyway boring post but that is the week that was.

Later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.